The CO Check Pro Baby has been specifically designed for midwives who work in smoking cessation. Its purpose is to enable them to perform breath tests quickly and efficiently, while also delivering fast and accurate results.
- Results instantly displayed
- Measurement of foetal carboxyhaemoglobin levels
- Single press button to toggle between mothers expired level (ppm) and foetal carboxyhaemoglobin (%FCOHb) level
- Breath hold countdown timer to guide patients
- Coloured light indicators to signify smoking level
- %FCOHb light indicators – Green or Red dependent on levels recorded
- Measurement of environmental CO levels
- Supplied with Safebreath® mouthpieces to ensure a complete hygiene concept
Ease of use is key in a busy smoking cessation clinic – from a single breath the results are instantly displayed in parts per million (PPM) and % carboxyhaemoglobin (%COHb), clear visual guidance is also provided with coloured red, yellow and green indicators dependent on the concentration of exhaled carbon monoxide, indicating if the person is a non-smoker, light smoker, or heavy smoker.
The CO Check Baby will also provide the level of foetal carboxyhaemoglobin. There is a clear correlation between the exhaled carbon monoxide on the pregnant mothers breath and that of the % carboxyhaemoglobin in the foetal blood supply (%FCOHb).
Furthermore, the CO Check Pro Baby can detect levels of CO in the environment. With the Environmental Capture feature activated, the device takes into account the background CO levels when conducting a breath test. For instance, if the background levels are 10 parts per million (ppm), then the device will consider this reading of 10ppm when a person takes a breath test. The environmental levels are displayed in ppm.