Bristol is the largest city in the South West of England and we were delighted to be shortlisted to enter a poster at the Bristol Patient Safety conference and Awards Ceremony on May 3rd.
The poster entered was “Carbon Monoxide Kills”, lead author of the poster was Heidi Hurley, a smoking in pregnancy liaison Midwife based at Poole Hospital Foundation Trust.
Heidi quoted, “Jill and Simon were expecting their first baby, during our visit to their home the CO Check Baby picked up high readings of Carbon Monoxide in the environment, it turned out to be a faulty boiler. Being able to potentially save the lives of a mother and father to be due to high environmental CO levels in the home was scary but an amazing feeling”.
Copies of the full poster are available on request.